January 21, 2010

Four (Other) Things

Taking a page from Diana's book, I too shall write a short passage about the four things that are making me geek out major right now.

1. Vintage/Retro Clothing
Much like my counterpart, I love dresses. And skirts. And cute shoes. I have a sick obsession with the website, ModCloth. So sick, in fact, that over the span of 2.5 months this past fall, I spent over $1000 on it. Yes folks, that's how much I geeked out. However, it resulted in me getting gems such as these:



Lovely, aren't they? I won't show anymore now, you'll have to wait until I geek out about the site later.

2. Cambridge Culinary School
I'm not geeking out about the school as much as the Back-to-Basics course that I am taking there. The class is six weeks long, once a week, for fourish hours. We study things such as knife skills, eggs, entrees, soups, etc. My teacher's name is Dave, and he's pretty easy on the eyes, and therefore I get to combine pretty boys with cooking. I'm enjoying it a lot. Plus, I am gaining great skills to assist with my dream of becoming an amateur chef.

3. Coffee
Yes, I know. But coffee is so, so, so, so, soooooooooooo good. I am currently looking into buying a grinder and a big ol' french press, but moolas is tight. My little brother got me coffee for Christmas, a pound of the best smelling coffee EVER called "Hair Bender". I am drooling in anticipation of drinking said coffee. I'll let you know how it goes.

4. The Gym
I might write an entire entry about this, but I am truly obsessed with my new gym. I go to Healthworks, a Boston-based women only gym. It's right around the corner from work, and has a sauna and a hot tub. SOLD. Plus, I got two free personal training sessions just by signing up. I've worked with Shauna twice, and am excited to start my regime so I can look like this:

Except I don't tan.

There are so many other things I am geeking out about, such as: my friend Leyla, book club, books in general, nachos, etc etc. I'll write about them later (well maybe not Leyla, cause that'll probably creep her out.)

No comments: